- Acknowledge the original people of the territory you are in.
- Open and close each gathering/meeting with Prayer.
- We honour the four directions, the elements and we respect the guidance of our ancestors and elders.
- Sacred offerings (tobacco, sweetgrass, sage, cedar, etc.)
- Respect of Elders and children, women and men
- No drugs or alcohol
- Respect the Pipe and Sacred articles
- Respect for the circle
- Recognizing cultural needs for certain foods
- Respect the customs and beliefs of each others territory
- We welcome, feed and offer security to people who come into our territories
- Attending ceremonies is a privilege not a right. Ask permission to attend. It is the individual's responsibility to find out rules and protocol for the ceremony. Ask if there is anything to know by offering tobacco.
- One person speaks at a time. No interruptions. Listen. Allow silence between speakers, this shows respect and they may not be finished.
- Respect for all our relations, the two legged, the four legged, the winged, the finned, the crawlers, the rocks and the plants. We recognize the gifts they have to offer:
Eagle - Love
Turtle - Truth
Bear - Courage
Wolf - Humility
Beaver - Wisdom
Grasses - Kindness
Rock - Strength